april 18th 20107
- Border Collies and Poodles are considered to be the most intelligent dogs
2. Afghan Hounds and Basenjis are considered to be the least intelligent
3. Dog pee can corrode metal – so if your dog has peed on any pipes or appliances in the house, clean it up! Several lamp posts in Croatia completely fell over because so many dogs had peed on them
4. Male dogs lift their legs when they pee as a sign of dominance
5. The sound of a human yawning can make dogs yawn
6. Dog bites account for more than one-third of insurance liability claims
7. Wolves and dogs are functionally blind until they are about a month old. Even so, wolf puppies begin to walk and explore when they are about two weeks old, while dog pups don’t exhibit these behaviors until they are four weeks old.
8. Dogs process the color red as black
9. A dog’s nose is the equivalent of a human fingerprint, with each having a unique pattern of ridges and creases.
10. If you’ve ever noticed your pooch twitching in her sleep, this probably means she’s dreaming. Researchers found that dogs have similar sleep patterns and brain activity as humans, and that small breeds tend to dream more than large ones. They’re probably dreaming about playing outside, chasing squirrels or balls, or getting treats.